Playa Coco is one of the oldest beach communities in Guanacaste. It has a rich history and is always growing. This is a great place for the night life and activities such as scuba diving and fishing. Playa Coco has a nice main street area that is filled with restaurants, souvenir shops, and plenty of tour operators. Here are some things you should try while visiting Playa Coco...
- Plenty of shops with souvenirs and local made art, jewlery, and much more. All the shops are in the same area make it very easy to stroll and window shop for an afternoon.
- Looking for something to do to get out of the hot sun for an afternoon. Go down to the cinema and see if there is a movie you want to watch. They generally have 2 different movies playing each day.
- There are two large and entertaining casinos that are a great time for going out with friends. There is the Coco Beach Hotel and Casino and another Flor de Itabo Hotel and Casino.
- Playa Coco is really close to a couple of different islands and national parks. If you are looking for adventure for a day ask us and we can let you know the best ways to get to the national park of Rincon de la Vieja.
- Once you have explored all over Playa Coco you can consider taking a day trip. You are super close to Nicaragua when staying in Coco. With just a quick 2 and a half hour drive you can explore a whole different country!